As you prepare for your journey to Joshua & Youth Leader Trainer Congress, please take a moment to read through the following important announcements and information.
- We will begin the registration process promptly at 02:00PM on Thursday, July 21. As you arrive to the Mount St. Mary’s University Campus (16300 Old Emmitsburg Rd, Emmitsburg, MD 21727), please follow the map to “The PAC” to register and check in. Please park at parking Lot 8. At registration, you will receive your check-in package, room key and meal card. The Welcoming Committee will assist you to settle into your room and directions as needed. Please arrive promptly. Those arriving outside of the registration window, please contact 860-305-0298 for instructions.
- If you are married or with a family, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if not already to request family accommodations.
- Those who have submitted transportation and early arrival requests, the Transportation Committee via Tr. Đức Dương via email@example.com will reach out to you directly in the next week with transportation and accommodation details. Announcement to follow. Please refrain from reaching out to Tr. Đức at this point.
- Please click on the survey link below to submit your t-shirt size by July 14. https://forms.gle/6py8ydAVJh9j4iPS8
- Those who are Youth Leader Trainers / Huấn Luyện Viên, please follow the instructions below to create a profile in our new membership management database. It is important that you complete this by the 14th of July. The info will be used to generate your updated HLV Faculty Card.
- Go to https://members.veym.net.
- Click on “Sign In”.
- Login with VEYM email or any account they wish.
- Click on “Edit Profile”.
Fill out as much information as possible, and be sure to upload a proper picture in uniform with their latest HLV level.
- Synod Listening Session
“Listening is the first step, it requires having an open mind and heart, without prejudices.”Pope Francis invites the entire Church to reflect on a theme that is decisive for its life and mission: “It is precisely this path of synodality which God expects of the Church of the third millennium.” This journey, which follows in the wake of the Church’s “renewal” proposed by the Second Vatican Council, is both a gift and a task: by journeying together and reflecting together on the journey that has been made, the Church will be able to learn through Her experience which processes can help Her to live communion, to achieve participation, to open Herself to mission. Our “journeying together” is, in fact, what most effectively enacts and manifests the nature of the Church as the pilgrim and missionary People of God.At Joshua, we’ll have the opportunity to provide input to USCCB Asian American and Pacific Islander’s representative on our experience to be contributed to the larger USCCB report to forward to the Vatican. while the Synodal Process has many elements, the USCCB is soliciting our cultural input and reflection on the following questions:1. To whom does our particular Church “need to listen to”?
2. How are the Laity, especially young people and women, listened to?
3. What space is there for the voice of minorities, the discarded, and the excluded?
4. Do we identify prejudices and stereotypes that hinder our listening?
5. How do we listen to the social and cultural context in which we live?
- As announced from the townhall meeting, please bring your VEYM uniform to wear for the entire event. Once we adjourned for the night, you’re welcomed to change out of your VEYM uniform for the night snack. We will wear our congress t-shirt for the Concert of Gratitude Saturday night. Linens are provided. The rooms have AC. Meals are included for those who registered.
- Zero alcohol/drug tolerance policy observed on campus per Campus Police.
- The Liturgical Committee is in need of a pianist (provided) and a guitarist (must bring own) to assist with the liturgies at this congress. If you’re available to assist, please contact Tr. Liz Chi Phạm; firstname.lastname@example.org and Tr. Mai Trần; email@example.com asap.
- There will be a Concert of Gratitude on Saturday night with the theme of “Giving Thanks” to express our appreciations to all of you and those supporting our VEYM in unique ways. Our two MCs, Tr. Vân Nguyễn and Tr. Trà My Võ are actively soliciting singers to share your beautiful gift of singing song/s of thanks (nhạc cảm tạ tri ân) that night. Please contact Tr. Vân firstname.lastname@example.org and Tr. Trà My email@example.com no later than the 14th of July to sign up.